2015 National Conference
April 10-12, 2015 - Arlington, VA
TLCâ€™s National Conference is the only multi-disciplinary conference in the world that focuses specifically on hair pulling disorder, skin picking disorder and related Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors (BFRBs).
Each year, our comprehensive program of workshops provides education, hope and a sense of community to sufferers of all ages and their families, researchers and treatment professionals. Â This event uniquely combines audiences; clinicians and patients attend sessions together, inspiring each other in a warm, supportive environment.
Workshops cover the latest research findings, outline state-of-the-art treatment strategies, and share real tools for recovery. Check out last years' schedule for a sample list of workshops >>
Registration available Fall 2014
People of all ages who live with pulling, picking and related behaviors, their families and loved ones, clinicians looking to improve their strategies for treating these disorders and interested researchers.
Special programs are offered for younger children, teens, parents and adults with hair pulling disorder or skin picking disorder.
Why should you attend?
- Over 60 workshops, symposiums and presentations facilitated by leading clinicians, researchers and facilitators.
- Networking opportunities with others who suffer from these disorders.
- Accessibility to expert clinicians and researchers who understand and care.
- Inspiration from stories of triumph and recovery and the knowledge that you are not alone!
- Education on the latest treatment approaches, for self-help or use in your professional practice.
- Join TLC
- Start a Support Group
- Participate in a Research Study
|"I think the biggest part of the TLC Conference is that you realize you are not alone. You get to hear people's stories and think, "Wow, that's exactly me'."|
"The TLC Annual Conference literally saved my life...I thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me a second chance at having a normal life."
|â€śWhat a comfort this has been--for my son, who got to see other kids who know what itâ€™s like to have trich, and for me, as a parent, to talk to others who are experiencing the same guilt and frustrations Iâ€™ve had.â€ť|
|â€śIt was the best feeling to be in a room with over 400 people who could completely understand each other, and no one had to hide anything from anyone. Amazing!â€ť -RR|